In cooperation with Norsk Fjordhestsenter (the Norwegian Fjord Horse Centre) Harpefossen brings you horse-riding through beautiful mountain scenery. These rides follow forest roads and trails through picturesque mountain farms, with the first half of the journey mirroring the historic old postal route between Bergen and Trondheim. There is the possibility of a horse-drawn carriage available for those who don't wish to ride on horseback, as well as the option of renting a bike and following the party.
Before the group embarks there is a short introduction regarding basic equine care and riding practice as well as the opportunity for you to to gain confidence with your allocated animal. Saddling up and the associated preparations can also be undertaken by those who wish to do so.
• Number of participants: 2 to 6 riders
• Time: 1st July to the 15th August
• Duration: 2 hours (including a short break midway)
• Clothing: weather-dependent
• Transport: pre-arranged
• Dining / social: pre-arranged
• Initial meeting Place: Varmestova at Harpefossen
• Collection of horses, saddling up and preperations
• Review of equipment
• 8 km of riding with a short break